Friday 2 January 2009

2008-as statisztika - Statistics for 2008

Készülnek a tavalyi év statisztikái. Összesen 116 nap, 312 halojelenséget láttam. Január emelkedik ki a legjobban 14 nap alatt 51 jelenséggel, aminek az oka a kilpisjärvi halo expedíció.

The statistics for 2008 are being prepared. There were 312 halo phenomena in 116 days. January was the most outstanding month with 51 phenomena in 14 days, the reason of which is the Kilpisjärvi halo expedition.


*
Ha csak a lakóhelyem környékét vesszük figyelembe, 94 nap alatt 240 halojelenséget sikerült megfigyelni. Április és május voltak a legjobb hónapok 12-12 nappal, illetve 32-35 jelenséggel.

If we consider only the area where I live, there were 240 halo phenomena in 94 days. April and May were the best months with 12-12 days and 32-35 phenomena.




8 comments:

Marko Krusel said...

Did you also count in the lamp halos and other halos produced by streetlights etc.

Ágnes Kiricsi said...

Yeah, I did. Those were all in January in Finland. There will be a more detailed chart soon. Parhelia, 120 parhelia count as one, even if I saw two.
Any luck with the cement so far? ;)

Marko Krusel said...

You mean if you see parhelia and 120 parhelia in one display you count it as one parhelia ?

To me it's still unclear what to count when and how. Is there any papers available regarding to standards on counting halos.

Atm I doubt in to see diamond dust in this winter. Snowguns are operational where I live and all over the county but far from its full power. I have been on slope for last four consecutive days and so far nothing. The temps stays around -5 to -8 and the humidity is 55-80%

I have tried with 3 different cements and nothing. Days hasn't been favorable..it's either windy or low humidity in air. Not to mention temps.

Ágnes Kiricsi said...

I mean, if I see two parhelia, I don't count them separately. And the same with 120° parhelia. Even if I see them in pairs, they count as one. But that's my own system. I think the Germans have some standards for counting, but I don't know where you can find it. Probably on meteoros.de

Don't give up! Here we have similar conditions, but with higher humidity, still nothing. I've been to the mountains twice during the past week in hope of getting something better, but without much luck.

Marko Krusel said...

That makes no sense to me :) Does same rules apply to 44 degree parhelion as well ?

For the divergent light halos and man made halos I'd suggest separate counting system.

Yes, heads up..but I'm afraid they shut down the machines once the snow arrives.

Marko Krusel said...

OK, now I see what do you mean, as in my counting system.

Ágnes Kiricsi said...

So then you were doing the same in your statistics :)

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel